As you probably could tell from yesterdays post, I had a lot of fun at Zespri's NYC tasting event (that broad a smile can't be faked). As promised, here's a closer look at what I wore. It was a rainy and overcast day, so I ruled out a sundress or maxi and opted instead for my favorite pair of flared jeans. This blouse is a new favorite–I love anything black and white, but the tiny herringbone pattern and super long neck-lace make the look feel updated and modern.
P.S. Be sure to scroll down after my outfit details to have a look at some of my favorite kiwi recipes–the finished products were pictured in yesterday's post when they were served at the event! And thanks again to Zespri!
Printed Ruffle Top, J. Crew [
$65 $35] // 'Iris' Flare Jeans, Buffalo David Bitton [similar] // Saffiano Lux Double-Zip Tote Bag in Black, Prada [shop here] // Balnit Peep-Toe Slingbacks, Aldo [ $110] // Gold & Pavé Diamond Tiny Disc Ring, Sydney Evan [$375]; Threadbare Ring in Yellow Gold, Catbird Jewelry [$44] // Thin Gold Band with Bezel Set Diamond, Jennifer Meyer [$175]; X3 Diamond Ring, 18k Gold Diamond Anniversary Band [$1400] // 'Russian Roulette' Nail Polish, Essie [here]
MY FAVORITE ZESPRI RECIPES
Bacon Lettuce and Kiwifruit Sandwiches (BLKs)
1/4 cup herbed soft cheese spread
8 medium slices bread
2 Zespri Organic Green Kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
2 Zespri SunGold Kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
8 slices crisply-cooked lower-sodium bacon
4 lettuce leaves
1. Spread 1 tablespoon cheese on each of 4 slices bread.
2. Divide kiwifruit, bacon and lettuce over cheese. Top with remaining slices of bread.
Kiwifruit and Prosciutto Crostini
16 slices toasted crostini
1 4-ounce package garlic and herb goat cheese
2 Zespri Organic Green Kiwifruit
3-oz thinly sliced prosciutto (8 slices), cut in half
1. To make crostini, heat broiler. Slice 8-ounce baguette into 1/4-inch slices. Using about 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, lightly brush each slice. Broil 4 to 6 inches from heat 1 to 2 minutes per side. Cool on wire rack.
2. Spread crostini slices with goat cheese.
3. Peel and slice each kiwifruit lengthwise into 8 slices. Wrap a slice of prosciutto around each kiwifruit. Top crostini with prosciutto-wrapped kiwifruit. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate up to 30 minutes.
1 Zespri Organic Green Kiwifruit, peeled
3 mint sprigs
1 tablespoons sugar
1/2 ounce fresh lime juice
2 ounces light rum
Ice and Club soda, for serving
Mint leaf, for garnish
1. Cut a 1/4-inch slice from center of kiwifruit to use for garnish; chop remaining fruit.
2. Muddle diced kiwifruit, mint, sugar and lime juice in cocktail shaker. Add rum and fill shaker with ice. Cover and shake 15 seconds or until very cold.
3. Strain into ice-filled highball glass. Top with club soda and garnish with sliced kiwifruit and mint leaf.